September 4, 2009

fishing.

Okay, So.. my family is one of those that like to take advantage of our southerness, the beautiful weather, and great fishing spots. So, here is one of our many fishing days that i have captured.. Obviously, i thought my little brother was the best looking of all of us that day, as he is in most of the pictures.. i would have included more of my sister.. but fishing and the heat make her grumpy.. and if i had put the ones of her grumpy face on here, she'd probably come after me in my sleep, so to say the least those won't be up here (at least not until i'm away from home... I love you Brookey dear). The day of all these pictures, my father woke us up at approximately Six O'clock on a school day.. and said.. "kids, we're skipping school and going fishing, and ofcourse.. being kids, we were thinking oh heck yes.. so we all ran to our rooms and got dressed as quickly as possible, then proceeded to run to the back yard and grab our fishing poles, and i ofcourse grabbed my camera..duh. anyways, so we get out there and it's the most perfect day for fishing, not many people are out except for the funny old retired guys, the breeze was warm, and the sun was bright. Perfect. Well, we sat out there all day til sun down.. and guess how many fish we caught..? that's right.. absolutely nothing haha. BUT that's not the part we'll end up remembering. The perfect absolute family happiness and fun is what i will always remember about this day, and i just wanted to share it all with you.





I grew up where I could see the stars Drinkin sweet tea from a Mason jar Dogwood trees like leaves through the pine People on the porch watchin fireflies And drivin 'round the wal-mart on a Friday night I'm just a small town girl And that's all I'll ever be I'm just a small town girl Hey, that's alright with me I'd rather be fishin' with grandpa on the lake Then getting all glammed up, Fake eyelashes on my face cut-off jeans and an old ball cap A town so small you don't need a map That's where I'm from and there ain't no changing me I'm just a small town girl And that's all I'll ever be I'm just a small town girl Hey, that's alright with me I'd rather ride in a Chevy truck than a Ferrari Give me a cheeseburger I ain't eatin no calamari I'm just a small town girl And that's all I'll ever be I'm just a small town girl Hey, that's alright with me Coca-cola and apple pie Dirt roads and old clothes lines Familiar faces and dandelion bracelets You never meet a stranger And everybody helps out Soft green grass, Sunday school and wild flowers Drivin Drivin Drivin Drivin around I'm just a small town girl I'm just a small town girl I'm just a small town girl I'm just a small town girl..-Kellie Pickler








No comments:

Post a Comment